Wednesday, February 3, 2010

She says I should meet her Dad. (A satire)



Whenever a girl says she want's me to meet her father and that we would "love to hang out together" or "my dad would love you" or "you and my dad would really get along" for the next one and a half seconds I think the following;

"Oh boy this is going way too fast, what does she mean by this? does this mean she wants her dad and me to be pals and make sure we get along really well and then for me to feel comfortable enough to ask him if he want to be my dad too? As in my dad by law which means marriage and junk? Oh crap, now I'm going to have to get a real job and quit this artist stuff even though I make about three times as much doing this then I would if I got one of those real jobs. Does this mean she wants to have kids? I think this is going to involve sex and I just met this chick and I'm not one of those one night stand kind of guys.

Oh wait, I guess we would be married or whatever. But still I don't even know this girl, what if she is one of those people who kicks in their sleep. I hate that probably more then talking with food in your mouth. Which is weird because I do that and apologize while I'm doing it. Or maybe this is just her way of flirting and she is just looking for a rebounder because of a very serious relationship that just ended two weeks ago and now her BFF is telling her the time is right to get out and date other guys and the way to get over a guy is to get under a new one. But what if this is like love at first site and I'm the guy she has been dreaming about all her life, but then I go into self defeating thoughts like 'who would dream about me? I don't even have a six pack or a mustang. I thought chicks liked guys that were ripped and had sports cars.' Although I do have a mustang its just not done yet and I don't know if will ever be.

I mean it's in its 13 year of restoration and barely looks like a car but I guess I could get it going if I could be with this girl. She is cute. I don't know, there is so much wrong with that car. I think the engine is in crooked. But that's what you get when you hire some crack head in the ghetto of SLC to help you fix it up. Actually Salt Lake doesn't really have a ghetto but if you grow up in suburbia Utah and then see houses with less then 50% brick and cars parked outside over night, you think its the ghetto. Man, I can't believe that stupid car isn't done yet. I guess I have learned a lot, mostly to never restore a car ever again. So anyway, why is this girl even talking to me, I have no six pack and a old broken Ford. Maybe my mom was right, maybe I am a catch. I did over hear some lady in my neighborhood saying the same thing, or maybe it was to my face. I can't remember. Either way its not really the same as someone my own age, not related to me and not someone being nice as I walk down the road and get into one of those awkward 'how's your life conversations.' That was supposed to be 'how are you?' until they bring up the question of 'any special ladies.' And I know its my fault for not giving a short answer but why does that have to be a topic of conversation anyway. Well at least she didn't ask about the Mustang.

Now as all of this is going threw my head I realize I was just, for the last second and a half, staring right into space which also happened to be in the same line that meets up with her cleavage so I hurry and look up and say, "yeah, your dad sounds cool, it would be cool to meet him."

No comments:

Post a Comment